Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Backstory on Mir Hossein Mousavi and a cheeky take on Parenthood.

So much going on in Iran, if you're like me and want to peel the onion a bit, here is a good piece by Laura Secor on the Washington Note about the history between Mir-Hossein Mousavi and Ali Khamenei. There is also a link here to a more expanded piece.

Because I can't make myself read through any more depressing news about Iran or the Health Care Plan or about the train crash in DC, I will not subject you to it either. There's always CNN.com or if you must, Foxnews.com for that kind of stuff. Instead - let's panic about babies. Yes, you read that right. One of my biggest peeves with being a parent in America is the general hyper-anxiety that is supposed to come with it. Overall, I do not stress about my kids - I get mad, but I do not stress. It actually drives me a little crazy to see that the more a kid has, the more the parents worry about the kid. Look at us, look at our kids - I honestly have never believed that any kid in my social circle will starve or go without an education or be brain damaged due to sleep deprivation. I truly do not worry about kids skipping a meal or scratching the wood floors or staying up till (gasp) 10PM. So, needless to say, I'm a little annoyed in the company of supermoms who get worked up over nap schedules or will spend hours talking about meal planning for toddlers. I do, sometimes, feel pressurd to worry - as in, "Is something wrong with me? Am I not a good mother? Why do I not worry about my kids? So what if they are good kids in a generally healthy home going to great schools? I should find something wrong!!!"
So with all the above said, I want to introduce everyone to ...drumroll, please...my new favorite site "Let's Panic About Babies" Its hilarious, witty, more than tongue-in-cheek and the best part is, it makes me feel vindicated! Hurray for that.

And to finish off in the catty vein, here's a nice little ditty for you to enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment